This twist on the classic Sangria is perfect for sharing when entertaining.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 bottle dry red wine (use your favourite but consider seeking out an organic variety = no sulphites or other additives)
- 1 ½ cups soda water
- 2 cups assorted fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries, blackberries, orange slices, chopped apples, pears, or plums (have fun mix and matching your favourites based on the season!)
- ice cubes
How to prepare
- Place prepared fruit in bottom of a large pitcher and lightly muddle with a wooden spoon.
- Pour wine and soda water into pitcher and stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup of ice to pitcher and stir to chill.
- To serve, pour Sangria Spritzer over ice-filled glasses. Be sure each glass gets a spoonful of fruit!
As a nutrition coach I focus on habits and behaviours – and the first habit I introduce to clients is mindful eating. We’re often told WHAT to eat… what types of foods, how much of them, what combinations, and what time to eat them – all with the...
Exercising is good for you, for so many reasons – physically & mentally. This isn’t new information – the benefits of exercise have been well researched and reported. But what if you are living with chronic pain (i.e. pain that lasts longer than...
Almond Butter Stuffed Dates Ingredients 12 Medjool Dates (no sulphites) 12 tsp Almond Butter (no added sugar or oil) Optional Toppings: unsweetened shredded coconut, pomegranate seeds, chia seeds, hemp hearts, cinnamon and/or a pinch of sea salt Preparation Create...
Have you heard of the 80/20 rule when it comes to health & fitness? You may have heard that abs are made in the kitchen… Or you may have eaten an extra piece of dessert because you exercised that day, so you feel like you “earned” it dammit! In order to see...