This twist on the classic Sangria is perfect for sharing when entertaining.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 bottle dry red wine (use your favourite but consider seeking out an organic variety = no sulphites or other additives)
- 1 ½ cups soda water
- 2 cups assorted fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries, blackberries, orange slices, chopped apples, pears, or plums (have fun mix and matching your favourites based on the season!)
- ice cubes
How to prepare
- Place prepared fruit in bottom of a large pitcher and lightly muddle with a wooden spoon.
- Pour wine and soda water into pitcher and stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup of ice to pitcher and stir to chill.
- To serve, pour Sangria Spritzer over ice-filled glasses. Be sure each glass gets a spoonful of fruit!